Photo Gallery

Unattended Cooking Fire - Creekside Manor Townhouses
Monday, January 1, 2007

At 1:21p.m. on Monday, January 1, the Millville Volunteer Fire Company responded to a house fire at 33562 Creekside Drive in the Creekside Manor townhouses in Millville. Upon arrival at the scene, the fire company found a three-story townhouse that had a fire on the kitchen stove. Since the townhouse was protected by a sprinkler system, the fire was extinguished by the automatic activation of the sprinkler head in the kitchen. Consequently, the fire was contained to the stove area. No damage occurred to the adjacent units in the townhouse. Fire Chief Walt Johnson turned the scene over to the State of Delaware Fire Marshal's Office for investigation. It was determined that unattended cooking was the cause of the fire. Damage to the unit was placed at approximately $5,000. "DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS PROUDLY SERVING OUR COMMUNITY"

Views: 543

Views: 375

Views: 366

Views: 371