Photo Gallery

Structure Fire At Bethany Bay - Bethany Bay in Millville
Saturday, January 27, 2007

At 9:36 p.m. on Saturday, January 27, the Millville Volunteer Fire Company responded to a structure fire at the Club House of Bethany Bay in Millville. Within one minute of the alarm coming in, Command 84 and Engine 84-6 were responding. Upon arrival at the scene, the firemen found that an exhaust fan in the bathroom had caught on fire. A major incident was averted when the fire extinguished itself soon after starting, resulting in minimal damage to the building. Teenagers had been in the Club House using the exercise facilities when a smoke detector in the building sounded. The teens smelled smoke and saw the exhaust fan was on fire. They went to one of their houses and informed the father, who then called 911. The firefighters opened up the ceiling around the exhaust fan to check for fire extension and found none. Smoke was removed from the building. Fire Captain Clarke Droney turned the building over to an adult in charge at Bethany Bay. "DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS PROUDLY SERVING OUR COMMUNITY"

Views: 448

Views: 387