Photo Gallery

Structure Fire & Working Smoke Alarm - 36979 Hollywood Drive, Millville
Friday, May 25, 2007

“SMOKE DETECTOR PREVENTS A MAJOR INCIDENT”

At 9:57 p.m. on Friday, May 25, the Millville Volunteer Fire Company was dispatched along with the Bethany Beach and Roxana Volunteer Fire Companies to a structure fire at 36979 Hollywood Drive in the Millville development Land of Pleasant Living.   Emergency units arrived to a single story dwelling with light smoke showing.   Due to a working smoke detector, the residents were alerted to a small fire accidentally started in some newspapers.   The occupants were able to safely remove the newspapers from the house, avoiding major damage.   An elderly female with respiratory problems suffered smoke inhalation and had to be transported to Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin, Maryland where she was treated and released.   Damage to the house was confined to a small area of carpet and flooring.   Chief Doug Scott and the rest of the members of the Millville Volunteer Fire Company want to emphasize that this fire is a perfect example of why everyone needs to have working smoke detectors in their residence and to replace the batteries on a regular basis.   Not only was a major fire avoided, but also a home and lives were saved on May 25, 2007 due to a functioning smoke detector.   
 
“DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS PROUDLY SERVING OUR COMMUNITY”

Views: 526

Views: 401